All Proceeds Go To the Front Royal Pregnancy Center

Friday, June 28, 2013

So Much For A Year...

          So, you remember my last post about nursing for a year? Yeah, well, that isn't going to happen. Why? Because of this, on Memorial Day:  
Not our actual test; that pic is on my other phone, in the room
where Jose finally  just fell asleep...But it was that type of test.
For those of you wondering why this means not being able to nurse until Jose is one, let me explain. Pregnancy causes a drastic drop in milk supply, so much so that our sweet little one did not grow taller and lost weight since his last check up in April. Even with all the demand (and there was a lot), the supply just isn't there. So supplementing, here we are, and I'm debating whether it would be easier to just wean, rather than keep nursing. My vanity says "Yes! Think of the dresses you could wear, and the other clothes that aren't so nursing accessory friendly!" The more motherly part of me thinks weaning would be a better way of ensuring he is getting enough, since I don't know how much he is getting when nursing anyway; and I'm supposed to offer the bottle after nursing to keep up supply, but he won't take it then, even though we are supposed to get him to take 4-6 ounces of formula 4 times a day.... Neither of us are ready to completely wean, though, and bottles are a pain. Oh, the conundrums of a mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment