Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Four

     I wish I could say that life has been busy lately, but that wouldn't exactly be true. Not since my last post, anyway. I've mostly been lazy, and wasting time scrolling through new feeds, trying to regain a little bit of sanity at the end of my days. But, we all know that is actually counterproductive. Yet, I still do it. It's so hard not to; and, it turns out, we get little hits of dopamine, the feel good hormone, when we do it, so it is no wonder that this habit is so difficult to break. And goodness knows, I could do with mood boosts. 
     Anyway, Jose turned 4 in October. 4! Turns out 4 is when the realization of competition and being first happens. 2.5 is when "Why?" starts, and Juanito has been in that stage for a few months now. Though people say that 3 is the year of why. Maybe my kids are just a bit early. I don't know. Little Miss is attempting to climb on All. The. Things. and getting into All. The. Things. But overall, life hasn't been that bad. In fact, it has much greatly improved from where we were last. 
     While we're talking about four, Baby #4 is due to arrive at the end of May! We are about 14.5 weeks along, and, overall, this has been the easiest pregnancy so far. The depression hasn't really shown up much, outside of the typical emotional ups and downs of the first trimester. I have no pelvic pain, yet, and the veins are behaving too. The nausea hasn't been overwhelming, though it has been pretty constant. And, thankfully, the extreme fatigue has gone away. Also part of the reason I haven't been blogging. It's difficult to find time when you get up with the children, and proceed to go to bed pretty soon after they do. 
     I also have some ideas for future posts, and, once I figure out how, I'd like to set up a give away. I recently finished Jennifer Fulwiler's book "Something Other Than God", and it was the most inspiring book I have read in a while, and I have read quite a few. I guess that's all for now, I should go in search of food. The key to managing the nausea is to eat, except for when it makes it worse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment