Why I Work Out

     Because MUSCLES!!!!! Seriously, though, because the stronger my muscles are, the more I will be able to do. I've always been quite active, rather sportsy, and I don't want to lose it. Especially not now that I have kids, and two boys at that. I want to be able to do *ALL THE THINGS!* that they might be interested in doing someday. Goodness, there are things I want to do someday, like finally hike Old Rag, for instance. But I also don't want to wait forever, for when we no longer have babies that need to be carried. Because who knows when that is going to be! Sure, looking better is certainly a plus, but not my main motivation. I don't want a "perfect" looking body; I want a body I can do amazing things with! And one of the best sources of information and motivation I have found is Girls Gone Strong. They are all about empowering and motivating women of every fitness level to better who they are as people, not just physically, though that does play a huge part. Go check them out!
     
     My current little training program is Body By You by Mark Lauren. I'm starting slowly, easiest exercises in all groups, because there is no rush, no pressure to perform. This whole workout thing is going to be a lifestyle change, and there are no deadlines to hit. I don't have to be a certain size by a certain day so I can fit into a certain dress. Let's face it, a woman who chooses to bear children for the duration of her childbearing years will constantly be changing size, and shape too. And that's ok. Because my goal is to be strong, be agile, be healthier than I would be otherwise. Once I "graduate", or if I decide I'm bored, I'll be switching to The Modern Woman's Guide To Strength Training, provided by Girls Gone Strong. Someday soon, when I have make time, I'll sit down and go through mine in depth. (Code Monkey got it for me for Mother's Day, complete surprise, since I had told him I would like it, but then thought we decided no because I already had a workout program and my track record for sticking with working out has been rather, um, poor...) There is a lot of info in there, and even though I'm not going to be doing their workouts for a while, I can still utilize the nutritional manual and shake recipes. :) 

     Well, I guess that's that, mostly. I do have more thoughts on the general subject of women and working out, but I have to save those for another day. Jose is awake, and I should probably get him up. <3

Comments