St. Michael's Lent and Novena for Our Nation

          I'm going to be honest, I don't really keep up with any news, except for the little "trending" tab on my Facebook sidebar. Even so, it seems like there is an increase in all sorts of violence being reported. At the same time, I've been feeling a call to "fast", to do something to combat the evil and win mercy for souls. I've been at a loss, though, as to how to accomplish a fast, since breastfeeding requires I actually eat, and I typically don't have any special foods I eat frequently enough that giving it up would actually be a sacrifice. God is timely, though, when we seek His Will, and this post about St. Michael's Lent which St. Francis of Assisi observed came up in my Facebook news feed on Saturday, as did one for the Rosary Novena for Our Nation, and I knew I had my answer. 

          While I (and many others) cannot fast from food, there are definitely things I can fast or abstain from. Like Facebook, again, and Pinterest, as those are my two biggest time suckers, as is mindlessly browsing on Instagram. I have been having a lot of cheesecake in an attempt to boost milk supply, so I will actually be able to give up sweets, for the first time in forever, once the cheesecake in the fridge is gone. Back to the time wasters, though. There's still going to be that time that needs to be filled, and I'm going to fill it with the Rosary Novena (link on how to do it), spiritual reading, blogging, and going to bed earlier. I will still be posting to Facebook from Instagram, but won't log in unless I have a blog post to share. I literally just ordered a kitchen rosary from Sweet Oak Gallery on Etsy to help with the rosary praying. (The one I got. M. Teresa's been speaking to me a lot lately.) 

          I think there was something else, but I can't really remember. Please consider joining me, and thousands of others, in offering up something for the welfare of souls, and peace in the world. I know I handle my daily sufferings and annoyances so much better when I have an actual and concrete thing to offer them for. Even if you can't commit to the rosary or something big, even just offering one of the small, everyday things once a day from the Assumption (8/15) to the Feast of the Archangels (9/29) can have untold benefits. 

Comments