Because I'm Feeling Chatty

          I know I just published that "Intellectual Loneliness" post, but I can't help it. I need to write. And not in depth on any particular thing, while touching on subjects I do want to write more on later. Like this book, "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin de Becker. I am pretty much finished with it, but even when I was only a few chapters in, I decided **EVERYONE** needs to read it. Really. It will change how you look at people, and hopefully how you treat people, in addition to teaching you tools to help you stay alive. Go get it, like right now.
         Just the babysitter. I've been feeling a lot like that lately. On the bad days, I just keep waiting for the Mom to come home, but she never does. On the good days, I'm the fun babysitter that every kid is sad to say goodbye to. 
          We have a cat, sort of. I think she belongs to a neighbor somewhere, but for the past week, almost, she has decided that she lives with us. Very friendly. I like her. Hopefully Code Monkey will remember to print out flyers for me to hang on the community mailboxes, before I end up officially stealing her from whoever she was living with first. She isn't allowed in the house though. But I do have big plans for letting her occupy the feed storage part of the chicken coop, when it eventually is built. 
          Speaking of chickens, I can't wait to get them, though we do have a lot of work to do on the yard before. Like, getting the lot(s) surveyed, so we know exactly where the boundaries are, so we don't infringe on the neighbors. There has been enough irritability going on due to this Sanitary District attempt thing. Small community politics, level stink. But I think we played our cards well, as everyone seems to think we are on their side. Win-win, right? 
          And I am once again not going to bed early, like I had said I would for this week. I've come to realize, that I am tired. Like, really tired. Like, maybe that is a huge part of the reason I'm starting to see the Irish/Italian temper come out, and let me tell you, it is not pretty. That, and hormones. Anyway, I had always been a morning bird. For the first 23 or so years of my life, I was up early, and went to bed early. 7:30 p.m. for the longest time, until we graduated to 8 p.m. so we could listen to Adventures in Odyssey. Dad had to get up at like 3:30, and we kids weren't so good at the quiet thing, so we all had to go to bed early. Code Monkey, on the other hand, is a night owl. It was a difficult adjustment, learning to stay up with him, and not go to bed when I was tired, but it worked out. Until Jose, anyway. (Ignore the lack of accent, it's too complicated to replicate easily.) But I made that work, sort of. The addition of Juanito, who is refusing to sleep more than 3 hours consistently at night, is really starting to take a toll on me. Up relatively early with the boys, and up late with Code Monkey is just too much, right now. And I miss the mornings. I find it really difficult and depressing trying to do things at night with the house closed up, so I'm not productive in the few hours I do have without anyone needing my attention. *sigh* Guess I'll go to bed, and maybe see what getting up "early" does for me.

Comments